July 10, 2013

Texas recipes...Cowboy Caviar

From time to time, I post a new recipe that I enjoy or that catches my eye. Although I've not tried this one yet, I know I'm going to love it because I love it's cousin, "Texas Caviar" or a variation of the recipe "Hopping John" that is so popular in the other parts of the United States.

But this one encompasses everything I love about Texas and southwestern cooking. Corn, onions, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro and onions...mmm, mmm, mmm.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, like I know I'm going to.

  

Cowboy Caviar

  
Minutes to prepare - 10

Number of servings - 24

 
Ingredients

2 - 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed

1 - 17 oz can whole kernel corn, drained

2 - large tomatoes, chopped

1 - large avacodo, diced

1/2 - red onion, chopped

1/4 - cup chopped fresh cilantro

OPTIONAL INGREDIENT

1 - large jalapeno', chopped

 
Dressing

1 - tbsp red wine vinegar

3 - 4 tbsp lime juice

2 - tbsp olive oil

1 - tbsp salt

1/2 - tsp black pepper

 
Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl

2. Cover and chill for at least an hour

3. Garnish with avocado slices and cilantro
 
4. Serve with tortilla chips.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment