February 23, 2012

Uhhhhh, breaker one-nine you got a movile movin' up behind ya"...


Uh, hey ya'll, I need help with this one. This is a picture I took just this morning on my way to work. It's on the same road that my place, La Puerta del Cielo is located. I looked at it as I passed and I looked at it again, thinking maybe the optometrist mixed my glasses up with someone else's when I picked them up yesterday. Then I took them off and looked again and through the blurry mess, sure 'nuff I could still make out a "V" in the word. I hit the brakes and backed up PRONTO, 'cause you know me, I can't pass up a chance to take a picture of something that just seems, well, weirdly stupid. Yeah, that's the term I was looking for.

I'm not sure what a "movile" home is. Could it be a hybrid trailer house that has a motor that you can "mov" at a minutes notice or maybe it's a new style of modular home? Or the most obvious, a misspelling of the OH so popular living quarters that is a fixture in Texas, a MOBILE home?

Again, I live in Texas, so you can't just take for granted that this word is misspelled. I mean, we live in a world where they're comin' up with all kinds of new gadgets and stuff on a daily basis. I had to google the word "movile" to see if I was missin' out on somethin' that was gonna have a heckuva run on it and be sold out before I coulda got ahold of one for myself! I saw several definitions for the word "movile" in Google, but nothing that referred to some kind of a house.

Let me end by askin', do we have to keep givin' this kind of ammunition to the fine folks that live above the Red River? No wonder they believe that Texan's are nothin' but a bunch of illiterate hicks. I'm just sayin'...

Work on your spellin' ya'll...

The Impulsive Texan

"I may not get much done, but I sure am slow"...

3 comments:

  1. I am fixin'a go out and get me one of those "moviles" if the gas prices keep going up! Drastic times call for drastic measures. I aslo ageree weth tha amo thang! We need the masacre of linquistics to stop!! NOW!! It's embarrassing! LOL Have a good day fellow Texan! T:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Ya'llseses (plural possessive form of Ya'll) ain't got no good grammer! Fellow Texan and BOI from Galveston.

      Delete
  2. Oh gulfcoastexan, didn't you ever wonder why us Texans use the improper plural possessive words like ya'll's? Some say it's a slang or lazy way to speak but actually "ya'll" is a more streamlined and efficient use of two words. Texas is all about bidness and bidness is more gooder when it's efficient and "ya'll's" is a much more efficient use of tongue and voice box than "you all's" is. Besides, we have to have SOMETHING unique that separates us from "those'ns" to the north of the old Red River...

    ReplyDelete