October 20, 2010

Veterans Day

I had the distinct honor of being able to serve my country for 23 wonderful years with the United States Navy. I frequently look back on the years I spent serving and frequently wish I were still in. I get a sense of pride when "veterans" are recognized for the committment and the sacrifices they made to keep their country free.

With Veterans Day, 2010 just around the corner, something in me asked, what is a proper and fitting description of a veteran? I remembered an article and it pretty much says everything that should be said about a veteran and what a veteran is.

"A veteran is someone who writes a blank check payable to the United States of America, in an amount up to and including his life".

Happy Veterans Day everyone.


The Flighty Texan

No comments:

Post a Comment