August 16, 2011

"Love Shack, baby Love Shack"...

"The love shack is a little old place where, we can get together"! Oh the memories of that song. I'm afraid to even ask what the B-52's had in mind and what the context of those lyrics portray. Honestly, I don't wanna know.

But, believe it or not, I wound up at the Love Shack just today. I took my wife Terri there too. Hold on, before you start letting your mind wander off the road and into the ditch, let me explain.

The Love Shack is a little burger joint on the West Side of Cowtown, or Fort Worth for all of you foreigners. It was the master mind of longtime chef extraordinaire, Tim Love of Lonesome Dove Restaurant fame. The Lonesome Dove is a very high end restaurant in the heart of the Stock Yards on the North Side of Fort Worth. He decided he wanted something a little more laid back and that's howthe Love Shack burger place came about.
The place isn't much bigger than a whisper with only eight tables inside, enough room at the bar for six or eight skinny folks but he has a great covered veranda with ten or twelve tables and a small eleveated stage for nightly live music.  It has a new, updated and industrial sort of feel to it, with a touch of barnwood and sheet metal to let you know that you're in Fort Worth and to thank the Lord that you're not in Dallas.

After making our way in and looking over the menu that was, seriously, 10 feet over our heads, we both ordered the "Love Burger" combo meals shmeared with Tim's famous "Love Sauce" and the skinny fries. You'd just have to go there to understand what I mean when I say "skinny fries". The platter came with the burger, the skinny fries and all of your favorite drink you wanted.

The burgers came and at first glance I thought, "Hmmm, that's not a very big burger", but after I picked it up and attempted a bite, my mind changed pretty quick. The flavor of the pattie was amazing with a great charred texture on top and cooked to a perfect medium well..just a touch of pink and nice and juicy.

The combo platter was more than enough to whet both of our hungers and we left un-hungry. And the best part is we left only $16 lighter in the wallet. 

After we finished we walked around outside and checked the place out and Terri took a quick shot of me at the entrace. So if you get to Cowtown and are looking for something a bit different, give the Love Shack a try. We'll definitely be back for a re-run.







Love Shack817 Matisse
Suite 445
Fort Worth, Texas  76107
817-348-9655

The Impulsive Texan



"I may not get much done, but I sure am slow"...

No comments:

Post a Comment