August 25, 2011

The World's Largest Army


After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships, all fighting the Germans. 

So, why did they not invade? After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. What was their answer? They know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

The world's largest army is America's hunters! I had never thought about this. A blogger recently added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: 

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin alone! Allow me to restate that number. Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world which is more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms and no one was  killed. 

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters all of whom returned home safely. If you toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia it establishes the fact that the registered hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. 

Can you imagine if this study had added the hunters from the Great State of Texas? Ain't NO country in their right mind gonna invade Texas. Every child born in this state is given an arsenal dowry at birth! A Glock 40 is their teething toy!

The point is, america will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower Hunting is not just a way to fill the freezer, it's a matter of national security. That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.   

Food for thought the next time gun control is before Congress. Happy hunting in 2011 Texas!


The Impulsive Texan.


"I may not get much done, but I sure am slow"...

5 comments:

  1. Hey from one impulsive blogger to another! =)

    My hubby is going back home to Michigan to kill some birds in October. Hunting season is HEEEREEE!

    The NRA is our friend. =)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the NRA is our friend!

    My favorite, all-time Michigander is The Nuge! Ted Nugent is a riot and a 2nd Amendment backer!!! Tell your husband, good luck!

    The Impulsive Texan

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I admit to having a shotgun in my closet (we will not discuss the inches of dust on it) and THEN follow that up with, "I have no idea where I put the shells for it"...
    will I get kicked out of Texas? Please don't tell anyone... I see a snake, I scream and see which neighbor comes across the pasture the fastest - armed and ready! I am glad they know what they are doing with the guns... and I'm glad they are in their house!!!

    "Every child born in this state is given an arsenal dowry at birth!"... that made ME laugh out loud!!! I'm having fun over here - nice to "meet" you!

    ;-D robelyn

    P.S. I think The Nuge needs to be running for President...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No,no, no, we won't hold a small "slip" against a fairly new Texas divanista. But I'm sure, there is a rule on grace periods buried somewhere in the "Guide For New Texans" handbook.

    But seriously, I'd suggest getting that gun AND the shells checked if it's been that long since they've seen daylight. Oh and just make sure it's the husband that fires it the first time after being stored that long...

    The Impulsive Texan, out...

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi there.)

    Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
    Nice post.))

    I need your help (maybe again) ...
    Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
    thanx.

    ReplyDelete