February 7, 2012

For sissies that don't like hot and spicy food, don't click on this link...

It's been a while since I've posted a recipe. But I found this one in the new "Hot Sauce Blog" that I started following. So to all of my compadre's that like spicy and like shrimp and in the words of my cajun grandaddy "you gonna love dis, cher'".  So here you are. Print it out and give it a try. I'm fixing this tomorrow night!

TEXAS RIVIERA RECIPE



Ingredients:

1 pound peeled shrimp with tails on
1/3 cup hot sauce. (Franks original is a good choice for sissies that can't eat hot foods ;) 
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice, divided
1/8 cup fresh  cilantro, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup white rice
1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
           
Directions:
In a gallon sized storage bag, combine the shrimp, olive oil, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice and the hot sauce (the hotter the better sissy...hehehe) Seal the bag tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours. To prepare the rice, bring the broth and remaining juices to a boil in a small pot. Add the rice and the cilantro and lower the heat to a simmer. Cover for 20-25 minutes and serve hot with the shrimp. To prepare the shrimp, skewer the shrimp evenly on 4 metal skewers. Grill them for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once, until cooked through. Serve over the top of the steamed rice.



Stay hungry ya'll!!!!!

The Impulsive Texan



"I may not get much done, but I sure am slow"...

2 comments:

  1. That's what I've been calling my non-Native Texan husband--a SISSIE! He thinks Taco Bell's Fire hot sauce is too hot (I have to put 4 packets on my tacos just to taste it)!

    Screwed Up Texan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a site about Texas!! Never heard of an impulsive Texan before! (I JEST!) Love the site! T from TX:)

    ReplyDelete