March 27, 2012

Spring has OH-ficially sprung in Texas...

Birds are chirpin', flowers are flowerin', cool gentle breezes are blowin' and Bluebonnets are bloomin'...it's springtime in Texas!

What does that mean for everyone? Well, for me, it means no more teeth-chatterin' nights under the blankets and having to get up at a god awful hour and puttin' my feet on a cold, bare floor that sends chills up my body, like a ringer on one of those old fashioned slammin' hammer strength contests you used to see at the circus.

It means the air is fresh and for a while we'll have nice, gentle rains to coax ole "Mother Nature" back to life, but the biggest meaning to me, The Impulsive Texan, is that it's time to dig out the hoes, the rakes, the fertilizer, tiller and seeds and get the garden goin'.

I love to garden and always have. I have a small plot as you can see below, but it's good ole fertile Texas soil and I always have a good crop of whatever seeds I throw down.

I'd love to see some of ya'lls garden spots! Post 'em on here for the entire world to see.

Have a great spring and may you have a bumper crop of whatever you sew!

The Impulsive Texan.




"I may not get much done, but I sure am slow"...

1 comment:

  1. GREAT looking garden spot....and I want to buy that truck with its 25mpg. Good luck gardening this year!

    ReplyDelete