October 17, 2012

"What I like about Texas"...

I'm not sure what happened this morning, but I woke up and a whole truckload of Texas was about to get all over me. It was a normal morning, get up, shower, drink coffee with my wife, watch a little news and then head out to work.

But as I drove to work, something came alive in me that shows up every once in a while. I'm a fifth-generation Texan and I know what you're thinking. "Shouldn't you wake up ever day with a truckload of Texas on your mind?" Good question and each day I do. But this morning was extra special for some reason. Maybe it was the wonderful, cool, fall breeze that had kicked up. I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is I was overloaded with Texas pride.

So, I want to share one of my favorite videos/songs with you that sums a lot of my pride up in about 4:30.

Gary P Nunn sings it well in this video and my heart swells with pride every time I hear it. To all of my friends and blog followers all over this world, this is what Texas is really about. The land, the people, the history...all of it.

There's a reason why folks from all over the world can show you exactly where Texas is on a worldwide atlas. It's the the friendly people, the wide open spaces, the Alamo, the Texas Rangers, the Dallas Cowboys, big oil, big ranches, big pride, big smiles, pretty girls and handsome men, the mystique of the loyal following of all Texans, whether they're here in the Lone Star State or living somewhere else in the world. It's all of the above and so much more. It's Texas...

There's a joke that goes around about Texans. "You can always tell when a man is from Texas, because when he enters the room he will tell you. And if he doesn't, why embarrass him by asking?"

I hope each and every one of you has a prosperous and wonderful week. God bless you all!


The Impulsive Texan



"I may not get much done, but I sure am slow"...

No comments:

Post a Comment