August 2, 2010

Update on the death of the a/c in the van

Ok, so I spend all morning sitting in a shop getting a quote on the van's a/c repair. On top of that, I don't even want to get out of bed, because I feel like number 2. I've already called in to work, but I can't rightly make my wife drive in a blazing tin can all over town. I remember when you could get your a/c fixed for less than $300 or $400 bucks. I guess inflation has attacked everything. I was not expecting the $1500 price tag the young service rep named, get this, Elvis, laid out in front of me. I felt the urge to tell him that I wished he would "Love Me Tender" and that I was "All Shook Up" over the price he just read me, but I held my tongue resisting, and you knew it was coming, to say "You Ain't Nuthin' But A Houndog". Ok, Ok, enough of the word play. It did get me motivated to come home and make some calls and find a cheaper price. Mission accomplished. I found another mechanic I've used in the past that's gonna do it for $1,000. Knocked $500 off of the price with one phone call. So the last thing I have to ask, "Anyone got a grand I can borrow?"

No comments:

Post a Comment